What is the best thing you can hope for when studying for a general knowledge and current affairs exam? I mean the best thing besides a Ganesha intervention. Generally speaking, divine interventions are seldom these days and not a good bet overall. Therefore it is probably wiser to hope for a GK Android app to fall into your lap as it is a reasonably more probable occurrence. Of course, if you were actually searching for one, here it is.
GK & Current Affairs is a collection of multiple choice questions. They are ordered by the relevant month of 2013 and basically combine general knowledge and current affairs into one set of questions. There are around 250 questions per set and 7 sets in total. Apparently, 2013 ran from April to October. Either that or there was nothing interesting happening in spring and winter. Whichever may be the case, you have about 2.000 questions to worry about. Oh, sorry about that. There are actually 8 sets. One of them is hiding between the share and rate buttons.
If that's not enough to keep you occupied for a while, then there's also a button that directs to GK 2014-15 & Current Affairs which is , you guessed it, the more recent variant of the software that you are reading about right now. Still, don't dismiss 2013 because the questions therein are obviously different.
- 2000+ Questions regarding general knowledge and current affairs (of 2013)
- Answer counter – The number of correct answers is given at end of the session
I found it interesting to browse through the questions. Allegedly some of them I did not find interesting at all as they concern specific events in India's political and economic spectrum.
- A comfy way of practicing your answering skills.
- You should really turn your data connection off if you want to be able to navigate midst all of the ads. I have honestly never seen such an aggressive advertisement display pattern in an app. Not ever!
- Contrary to what is advertised, it does not feature 5000+ questions (it's more like 2000).
Even though it is quite dated. It is never a bad idea to get up to speed with yesteryear's news. GK & Current Affairs 2013-14 would be a decent app if it would not boast commercials like it's the prime time television.